Lifestream Bioactive Spirulina, £13.94 from Planet Health Direct.
Spirulina is an essential ingredient in my every day life. It’s especially ideal for me, being a pescetarian and lacking the source of iron meat; albeit, in my opinion red meat is not necessary in any diet – there are loads of other foods high in iron (spinach being one!) – you just need to make sure you are getting plenty of it!
So why is Spirulina SO amazing?
Spirulina is a superfood!
- Rich in Chlorophyll (an algae), removes toxins from the blood and boosts the immune system.
- High in protein.
- Contains Omega 3-,6 and 9s and is especially high in Omega-3s.
- High level of iron (excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia).
- A source of potassium, calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, sodium and zinc.
- High in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk (excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy.)
- Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them.
- Spirulina can increase fat burning during exercise.