Animal print jumper from Topshop Boutique (now £35), silver plated cuff from Philippe Audibert (now £130), shearling and wool-blend coat from A.L.C (now £624), patent-leather pumps from YSL (now £269.50), cable-knit wool blend sweater from Joseph (now £242.50) and croc-effect ankle boots from Stella McCartney (now £244).
Amidst my many sale posts, I thought I’s just give you a little insight into how I shop during the sales, through some simple shopping tips…
6 Sale Tips:
1. Go for classic colours and cuts; styles and shades which you know suit you. Don’t try a new colour or trend, just because it’s on sale! Big no-no.
2. Sale is a great time to go for luxe designer pieces on sale; purchasing one great piece is a better long term investement than a load of cheap things (unless of course they are classic and clean pieces that fit perfectly in your existing wardrobe, in which case you can find some fab pieces on the high street.)
3. Don’t impulse buy on sale – write down a list of pieces you are missing in your wardrobe, and stick to it.
4. Go for pieces which are versatile, without to many overpowering ‘trend’ elements (i.e psychedelic floral prints). If you do go for ‘trends’, then make sure you opt for styles which are occurring and have proven longevity (over several seasons, i.e animal print, statement jackets).
5. Invest in good quality materials, such as wool or leather. Pieces that will last you across several seasons.
6. In the end of the day, go for pieces which you know you personally like and suit, then you just can’t go wrong!